Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Features I like include Integrated WAN Acceleration, Instant VM Recovery and SureBackup.

Valuable Features

• CBT technology
  • Instant VM Recovery
  • Recovery Explorer for Exchange, AD, Oracle
  • SureBackup
  • Integrated WAN Acceleration

Improvements to My Organization

Veeam improved our backup infrastructure to help save backup space. With the integrated WAN acceleration, the data transfer of our backup files to cloud storage sped up.

Instant VM Recovery provides very fast recovery of our critical VMs.

Room for Improvement

I think it would be great to have the ability to use WAN acceleration as an integrated feature for local backup storage to save a lot more space.

Use of Solution

I have used this solution for about five years.

I have not yet encountered any deployment or stability or scalability issues. If the backup doesn’t work, the issue is not with Veeam but rather with the VM.

Customer service works very well.

Technical support also works very well.

Implementation Team

I implemented it by myself. My advice for implementation is to install Veeam on a dedicated backup server. It is important to plan a backup strategy like 3-2-1: 3 copies on 2 different medias and 1 offsite.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is important to count all the sockets of vm-hosts to get the right license.

Other Solutions Considered

We also use Altaro Backup for some small customers. Altaro also works great for its price.

Other Advice

Try it and love it.

1 Comment
author avatarChris Childerhose
ExpertTOP 5Real User

Like your review. I can't wait for 9.5 with the physical server agent and Nimble Snapshot integration. Going to get even better.