Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Being agentless minimized the install process for new servers.

What is most valuable?

Being agentless minimized the install process for new servers. If you are using folder on your backup configuration, all the new servers has been backuped without any intervention on the backup server.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides more efficiency to restore lost files that were deleted by users. It provides a restoring process for a complete server and replications on another site for the DRP servers.

What needs improvement?

Client/agent for non-virtualized servers: This can be improved by integrating them in the same way as the virtual servers and integrating them into the same backup jobs. Actually, the Veeam team recommends making separate jobs for these servers. The options of the job are not the same if it’s a VM or a physical server.

The best solution is to have the same functionality for a virtual or a physical server.

I have already discussed this point with a member of the Veeam development and he replied to me that it will be improved in Version10. We are waiting ;-)

More than 5 years

Nothing, the only problem encounter during installation is a Windows firewall problem but not linked directly to Veeam.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Customer service is very reactive, you can open a call and be sure that's solved or helped on a 24h max.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10 for fast replies and solutions.

We were using Symantec Backup Exec. We switched for the simplicity of management with Veeam.

The initial setup was straightforward, but now our infrastructure is more complex. We started with five servers and now we have more than 150 servers protected by the Veeam solution.

The pricing and licensing are reasonable.

We looked at Acronis, NetBackup, and Backup Exec.

What other advice do I have?

No special advice, other than just follow the wizard and you can start faster than another solution.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a dealer for Veeam products.
1 Comment
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Nice review. We use Veeam as well and upgraded to the Enterprise Plus license to get Nimble integration. Has helped tremendously with backup times nearly half what they were.

24 May 17