Veeam Backup & Replication Review

The biggest advantage has become the functionality of instant recovery and a synthetic full backup.

What is most valuable?

In the past, it was an agentless backup for virtual machines run on the VMware ESX and ESXi (free ESXi without vCenter) servers. As the competitive products also began to use CBT and began to dismantle agentless backup, the biggest advantage for me was the functionality of instant recovery and a synthetic full backup. The SureBackup task and the ability to quickly create a clone of the production environment for testing are also great.

How has it helped my organization?

It ensures the security of the stored data. It saves time for recovery and disk space.

What needs improvement?

Improve compatibility with the database systems such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MySQL, and increase the number of compatible disk systems for the snapshot functionality.

I have used this solution for about 6-7 years.

There were standard problems with the snapshot consolidation for big virtual disks.

The technical support is great.

We have used almost all of biggest players for a backup solution. Veeam won because it is simple to use and great to integrate with virtualization solutions.

The setup was easy and quick.

It would be useful to use the capacity licensing option.

We looked at other solutions, namely Dell EMC Data Protection Suite (DPS), Veritas Backup Exec and IBM Spectrum Protect.

What other advice do I have?

It always depends on your needs and the client's environment. If the client has virtualization for almost all systems, then Veeam is the best way to protect them.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users