Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Instant VM restore is one of the most valuable features of this product.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, a backup expert would be required to get a backup product to function properly. With Veeam Backup and Restore, things are so simple and efficient that you do not need to spend hours on end configuring the product. This allows engineers to focus on other business critical applications.

What is most valuable?

Instant VM restore is one of the coolest functions within this product. It lets you verify a backup with the least amount of effort, especially when backing up a VM before running some maintenance.

What needs improvement?

Offering mobile apps that give engineers a global view of his backup regime would be a "nice to have" feature.

We have experienced no stability issues at all.

We have not yet had any stability issues. I have deployed this product in very large environments and I have never been limited with its scalability.

There is room for improvement. However, when compared to other products, the support is on the good side.

I haven’t used any other solution. I have always used this product for VM backups.

Since scalability is simple, i.e., you can deploy a proxy or add a new gateway, the initial setup is also simple.

The pricing makes sense, especially with the number of VMs you can fit on one socket nowadays. Since pricing is per socket, it is not expensive to add capacity as you go along.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I did not look at other options.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure not to overlook the network capacity during the planning stage. This obviously depends on your backup set and has to be given more importance if your backup set is considerable.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Partner with Veeam.
More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.