Veeam Backup & Replication Review

The SQL table-level restore helps the customer to restore a single table instead of the entire database.

What is most valuable?

There are many features that include the SQL table-level restore, Instant VM Recovery, and SureBackup, which are valuable to us.

• SQL table-level restore: It helps the customer to restore a single table instead of the entire database which reduces the backup window dramatically.
  • Instant VM Recovery: It helps in case of a VM crash down.
  • SureBackup: You are assured that your backup is recoverable.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a MSP and we deliver the best solutions to our customers.

Veeam was one of the key products available for the virtualized environment.

What needs improvement?

They have to expand their operations for the physical environment.

I have used this solution for two years.

There were no stability issues. If VMware works fine, then you wont face any issues with Veeam.

Since they don’t have any technical support center in India, I would like to rate it a 5 out of 10.

As I have mentioned earlier, we are a MSP and we design solutions according to the customer's needs.

Pricing is reasonable and the product is worth investing in.

We were evaluating Arcserve for the virtual environment. However, Veaam has better adaptability towards the virtual environment.

What other advice do I have?

VMware = Veeam is the best backup and replication solution.
Microsoft Hyper-V = Veeam is the best backup and replication solution.

3 Comments
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

Veeam agent for Windows 2.0 expands to physical now and we have moved from Symantec to all things Veeam.

16 June 17
Aravind HareshReal UserTOP 20

Yes i agree with you that veeam has an agent for windows and linux physical machines but you cant have same scheduling and restore feature as you have at a vm level.

1) In case if you take full physical machine backup (eg : mssql) you cant restore a database or table ,you only have option to do BMR or file level.

16 June 17
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

From what I have done scheduling is good in the new version at the Windows Agent. Also SQL and Exchange restores leverage the Veeam Explorers so you can restore a database or table even single emails.

24 August 17