Veeam Backup & Replication Review

We test new patches or features on a VM, which is the same as our production environment

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to recover from crashes or create testing environments.

How has it helped my organization?

By using the “Instant VM Recovery”, we test new patches or features on a VM, which is the same as our production environment.

What needs improvement?

Our VMware License is the Enterprise Plus with Operations Management. For this reason, we only rely on Veeam for backups and a few tests.

Most of our activities are done using VMware itself.

Veeam has more features than we actually use, for example, the virtual labs.

They could integrate Veeam with the storage centers, in order not to use the Veeam Backup Repository Servers anymore.

I have used the solution for three years.

Our organization has always used the latest stable version of the Enterprise Edition.

No. If we need to scale, we just create more proxy VMs to help with the extra load.

We rarely use Veeam's tech support. When we needed it, they were very helpful.

We had other backup solutions, but Veeam has proved to be better than VMware.

The initial setup was made by a consultant from Veeam. It took less than one week to have everything configured and ready for production.

The price for Veeam is better than other backup solutions that we have found out there.

Yes. We also use Bacula, but Veeam proved to be faster and more reliable.

What other advice do I have?

First of all, find out what your backup needs are. After that, try an evaluation (or free) version.