Veeam Backup & Replication Review

What is most valuable?

Replication (fast recovery for replicated servers).

How has it helped my organization?

It has decreased downtime issues. By using replication, we decreased our downtime for crashed servers and having other service/system issues.

It is very simple and fast to power-on a replicated server, making it come online again.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if this option is available in new versions. But different types of licenses could not be used on the same Veeam server in the past, it would be good to be able to use mixed types of licenses in the same server.

About four years.

No, it is working nice and smooth.

No, because we are using this product in a small environment.

We do not encounter many problems with the product, but we do get an instant response when needed.

We are still using a different product for backup. Veeam is being used for replication only.

Since it was a single server setup, it was easy to install and configure.

It is acceptable for us because we having been using it for approximately four years. However, I think for new buyers/customers it may be cheaper than other products.

Another product is being used for backup. We did a PoC with Veeam, then bought it.

What other advice do I have?

It is easy, with many features, (I think) it is cheaper. Very useful for virtual environments.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.