Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Gold standard for backup and recovery

What is most valuable?

The ease of use and reliability of this solution are real assets. Also, it has an ease of use to work with a third party vendor.

What needs improvement?

The virtual sandboxes seem complex to setup so I have not invested time in leveraging this feature. It would be nice if this feature was more user-friendly.

Three to five years.

This product has been very stable. Any issues that have come up are quickly resolved.

I have not experienced issues with scalability. I have deployed Veeam in two different environments for different employers of mine and both have been very solid. I am currently using ExaGrid as my backend storage and it has worked very well with Veeam.

I would give the tech support team a rating of nine out of ten.

The initial setup was very straightforward. I actually had a POC backing up our entire data center to an old SAN setup within a day.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam is the gold standard for backup and recovery. If you have a primary virtualized environment, it is a great choice. Veeam's agent for physical servers works well on our few remaining physical servers.