Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Easy to set up with good features but file copy jobs result in errors

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for backups and replication.

What is most valuable?

For the most part, all of the features are very good.

The initial setup was very easy.

What needs improvement?

I only ever found one error. It was when we were doing a file copy job. After using it for ten minutes, it would slow down and cause a bottleneck error.

It would be ideal if the product can reduce the number of errors we received.

I had been using the solution for about six months or so. It hadn't been that long.

We do seem to get many errors, especially during file copies.

Not too many people are using the solution. It was basically just myself and my colleague, and we were using it in order to evaluate it. It hasn't been used widely yet.

I've never used technical support. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are, having never spoken with them directly. I wouldn't be able to evaluate their services.

Before working with this solution, I did not use any other similar products. In the past, I simply used a bit of HP products for certain tasks.

The initial setup is not complex or too complicated. It's very easy and quite straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

There is only one license that you can purchase. My colleague was handling the licensing details. I was looking at it more from a technical perspective and therefore can't speak to the pricing or licensing agreements that are possible.

We were basically evaluating Veritas and Veeam. We've just been evaluating both of them.

What other advice do I have?

I used the solution at my previous company. Currently, our organization is considering Veeam and Veritas and we are evaluating both to see which would be best for our company.

I would advise other users to not do file copy jobs from Veeam. It's best to just use it for replication purposes.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten overall.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.