Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Very flexible solution, but needs more integration with cloud service providers

What is our primary use case?

I handle managed backup services for one of my clients. I implement and manage these solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

The company has its own Veeam backup infrastructure to offer this service. It manages billing, etc.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility is the most valuable feature. It is an all-in-one solution for all kinds of infrastructure (physical, cloud, VM).

What needs improvement?

Provide more integration for cloud providers such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS.

It is stable. The solution has great potential in the backup and replication domain.

It is highly scalable, and I consider it to be the most important feature. It works on any kind of infrastructure including physical, Hyper-V, VMware, and cloud-based.

The technical support is quite responsive, and very good. Tickets are within their SLA, and the response time is based on the priority of the ticket that you raise.

I have worked with all of the major products. These include Azure Backup, Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM), Commvault, Veritas Backup Exec, and others. The product you choose depends on the type of infrastructure and the type of backups you need to have. This one can be used for all kinds of infrastructure.

The setup is straightforward with a very aesthetic graphical user interface. It can take anywhere from one day to a month to fully deploy, depending on the requirements.

I handled the installation and implementation of this product myself.

The pricing and licensing is quite competitive with other products. I would not says that it is much higher, neither is it low.

What other advice do I have?

I am certified with the Veeam Sales Professional (VMSP) accreditation. This qualifies people to demonstrate and sell the product.

I would rate this solution seven out of ten.