What is our primary use case?
Our primary use case with Veeam Backup & Replication is as the intermediate agent. Veeam integrates devices between the main server and the replication station.
We set this resolution between the main server and our replication machine. It is getting images from VMware. We serve up with Veeam and it responds to the daily load.
With Veeam Backup & Replication, replicated servers will be picked up again from the new location station machine. Now our table updates are available automatically.
We get a lot of features with Veeam and we are happy to use this solution. After shutdown, the servers here automatically turn off and Veeam is keeping up all this. It's tension free work.
How has it helped my organization?
Veeam Backup & Replication assists us to improve to good infrastructure.
- Veeam system makes a server image that is relative to our network requirements.
- We get strong back-up capability.
- We are announcing to users that our server will not shut down for a single second.
- Failover with Veeam is okay.
- We are trying to make NES Network Extronance and Network Express copy to replication server using Veeam.
- Using distribution file systems, we take backups from users and clients.
- We use copies struck to one server by Veeam and make it replication-to-replication.
- We use Veeam for replication-to-replication virtual machines.
With Veeam Backup & Replication, data is secure and strongly stored to replication machines. If we consider the IT systems and infrastructure, then Veeam is making us environmentally friendly.
We are not taking more human resources to take manual back-up systems. With Veeam, we are not taking manual copies to offline or online backup. This is not necessary.
Also, we are reducing the maintenance cost for hardware because of not deploying more than required for our infrastructure.
Veeam helps us on data confidentiality using a simple file transfer. The set of file systems in our data is open, but when we use Veeam, we just make an image, a compact file. Nobody can open it and no one can keep it.
The ransomware and other exploits cannot attack this file. Veeam optimizes our cost for recovering files and data. In this way, Veeam Backup & Replication is a help to our company.
What is most valuable?
We evaluated different options and we picked the most significant one, Veeam. The main features about the Veeam Backup & Replication suite I like are:
- If a Veeam image is copied to a replication machine, then Veeam automatically checks to see if ransomware attacked or not.
- Veeam will automatically check if a file is corrupt or not. If a file is corrupt, then it will not make a backup copy to the replication server. That means the corrupt file is not copied to replication.
- We have confidence that our replication image is good and not corrupted as VM machines.
These are the significant features and there are a lot of features with Veeam. You need to first check out the Veeam website.
What needs improvement?
As far as additional features, in the comparative market, a lot of solutions are now from VMware. Cisco has its own solution for replicating back-ups and administration.
We try to compare Veeam with other solutions because we are the operations. Then we can give the answers for improvement which is the specific additional system features that other solutions provide.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Personally, my experience with the stability of Veeam Backup & Replicate is very good. I tested and I uploaded it in virtualization in my private cloud, i.e. private infrastructure.
If we would like to use the networking system or any of the hardware-based VM systems, then it will likely be a larger investment. If you have only a little to invest in the application-based VM system, then it is okay. Veeam is a cost-effective solution
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Scalability with Veeam Backup & Replicate is very good. On our team:
- They try to get the support of reference material for the software base.
- They already made a package using Veeam on a single machine license.
- If you having 50 VM machines, virtual machines, then you can take 10 packages.
- This requires a 1 to 10 heavy package license. Then you can increase your VMs repeatedly.
- If you would like to engage your infrastructure more than 50, more than 100, more than 1000, then you can enterprise license Veeam and have the machines in your infrastructure
My only concern about Veeam Backup & Replicate is that it could be more open.
How are customer service and technical support?
In previous times, we were getting technical support from the Veeam team directly from their Los Angeles office and Namibia. They had given us some numbers and contacts. They were giving us support and they introducing the new features or new deployments.
What I have seen with experience is that technical support is quite good. I am pleased with Veeam customer support operations. They are straightforward.
I got downloaded information from online and I tried that. Personally, then I got 90% accuracy for the administration that I tried. I had about a 90% success rate with online info-services.
After that, I spoke directly with Veeam customer support on a call to Los Angeles. They gave the support and it was very easy.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Before using Veeam Backup & Replication, we had not deployed any backup systems in the company.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Actually, the most important criteria for us when considering a solution is service. When we are taking a decision regarding the hardware or software or any applications, then first we need to tell where and what the services they are giving us. Then we evaluate the service level element.
The main important criteria when selecting a vendor are then what are the features and services available in the devices or applications. This should be our main selection path to select any hardware devices or applications.
Because of our world, in the market, we can get low prices on devices or we could then see what is available. What I actually need is what I need to deploy, the features I need to be deploying in my architecture. That needs to be considered first in systems administration because the price can vary.
In my personal experience, these values and features should be the first standard for selecting a device or application.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We started thinking of the new systems. We surveyed from IT Central Station and several other portals that are available online. We got the reports and we did the contact with the vendors.
What other advice do I have?
For the Veeam Backup & Replication software, we care about the system dependency on software-based, not the hardware-based licenses. For actualization concepts and hyper-connection concepts, businesses can easily use Veeam replication and instances.
I would rate Veeam Backup & Replication a ten out of ten. The reason, first of all, is because Veeam provides what I need for my devices, my services, and service providers.
With Veeam Backup & Replicate, I'm getting the full service of what I need.