Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Easy to use, good support, and the backup and restore features are very fast

What is our primary use case?

We are a Veeam distributor and this is one of the solutions that we use, and also implement for our clients.

We have been using an on-premises deployment. It is installed in our VMs, and we have created a backup repository. It performs a daily incremental backup, and on the weekend it performs a full backup.

What is most valuable?

The restore option is very fast when restoring the VM, and it is the most valuable feature for me.

The user interface is good and it is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the capability of backing up a physical machine, as opposed to just a VM.

We have been using this solution for about one month.

The support team is very friendly and they have helped us a lot. When we have needed any help or support, we have been able to reach them.

I used to use IBM Tivoli, and I find that the backup and restore operations are much faster with Veeam. The price of Veeam is much lower than the IBM solution. In Veeam we can use different kinds of storage, whereas, with IBM, we could only use a tape backup.

Veeam is very easy to implement. The installation is easy, and you do not need a technical person to be present.

The deployment takes approximately two hours, including configuration.

We had some assistance from our contact with Veeam in Dubai.

What other advice do I have?

We are happy that we are using Veeam.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.