Veeam Backup & Replication Review
​It simplifies the backup process by allowing applications that are virtualized to be treated as virtual machines.

Valuable Features

Application Aware simplifies the backup of applications that are deployed as virtual machines. Treating VMs as VMs. Virtual lab is also another useful feature for verifying backups with SureBackup and also allowing us to deploy test environments for test/dev.

Improvements to My Organization

It simplifies the backup process by allowing applications that are virtualized to be treated as virtual machines. Veeam's virtual labs actually takes into account all the required dependencies of testing application servers with ease. Not all solutions have this feature.

Room for Improvement

There should be additional support for guest base backups.

Use of Solution

I have been using this solution for more than 5+ years. I have also looked at and did competitive analysis among all the data protection solutions that are out there. Veeam is very simple and intuitive.

Nope. The solution is very simple and intuitive.

There was no stability issues with Veeam that I had encountered.

I have not encountered any issues with scalability with Veeam.

The level of customer service has actually improved over the years. Rather than a level 1 support who has no idea how to troubleshoot. It seems that the level of support is more knowledgeable these days.

I would rate it as a 4 (with 5 being the highest).

Very straightforward and intuitive for someone who has been in the data protection industry for many years.

Implementation Team

In-house because it is very simple and intuitive.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, CA ArcServe, TSM.

Other Advice

Try it out and you'll be very surprised at how easy Veeam is for virtualized environments.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a technical solution partner with Veeam.