Veeam Backup & Replication Review
I love the ability to either restore the entire VM or just a single file if needed, it saved us a lot of pain and money.

Valuable Features

There is no one feature that is most important. I love the ability to either restore the entire VM or just a single file if needed. We have had to restore VMs both ways and it saved us a lot of pain and money. The speed of the restore jobs was extremely quick as well.

Improvements to My Organization

It has given us the ability to restore our systems very, very quickly. The backups run very quickly as well, which helps us free up bandwidth on our network.

Room for Improvement

They still don’t have a plugin for use with EMC Data Domain. All else is fantastic.

Use of Solution

We have been using Veeam Backup and Replication for about 3 years.

No problems with deployment.

We have not had issues with stability.

The customer service is excellent!

Technical support is fantastic. Not only do they understand the product very well, but they also help the end user to understand how to troubleshoot the issue as well. They are also really friendly and kind.

Yes. Initially, we used Norton’s Backup Exec. We switched primarily because we were virtualizing our entire infrastructure

It was pretty straightforward in my book. I thought it was very user-friendly. The documentation is very good as well.

Implementation Team

We did the entire implementation in-house.

Other Advice

Check to see if they have a plug-in for your storage vendor.