Veeam Cloud Connect Review

Good scalability with excellent integration potential

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest improvements are in the administration and management of the organization and in its ability to make everything more agile.

What is most valuable?

The administration and management integrate with multiple solutions, not just with one or two environments, even if they're not VMware products. We've found this to be a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We were interested in investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in VMware. VMware right now is one of the biggest solutions in the world, in terms of the IT environment. But for Cloud Connect it's not. I think they need the cloud version to reach more customers, to enable the cloud version to be used by more people.

The solution could use more web optimization and some networking features than what they have currently. If they could work to integrate more with other solutions, such as Cisco API, that would be helpful. Security is very good, but from the networking side of things, I think we need more enhancements.

I've been using the solution for two years.

Stability is good, but in production, if we try to upgrade or patch anything from VMware Cloud, we've faced problems. In some cases, we've had to downgrade some software.

The solution is 100% scalable. We haven't faced any problems extending the solution.

The deployment of the solution is complex.

It's a really complicated implementation, and it would be helpful if there was a management portal to make it easier and to help make everything compatible.

What other advice do I have?

We connect to the public cloud via Amazon, and for the private cloud, we use a cloud-based VMware solution.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.