Veeam Cloud Connect Review

A stable solution with a straightforward setup but the enterprise edition needs a bit more functionality

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the ability to connect to cloud providers.

The solution is free of charge. It's integrated with Veem Backup replication.

The deployment is quite simple. Users are generally happy because of the familiarity they have with the features. The solution offers good transparency for the end-user.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if the enterprise edition was more complete. It's not as complete as the enterprise plus edition is. For instance, in the enterprise version, we can only use one accelerator with the cloud provider. It means if I have my Cloud Connect, I cannot connect another site of mine with another cloud connect and use an accelerator of Veeam. They should change this.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is very stable. I will say the only weak point is the cloud provider infrastructure. It depends on which cloud provider you're working with, but the product itself is really, really stable. In the past, we had issues. After an investigation we realized that the problem was coming from the cloud provider. Since we changed the cloud provider, everything's going well. That's something people should keep in mind.

Technical support is good. I'd rate it seven out of ten.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's very easy to implement. You can pretty much do it in about five clicks and it's ready to go.

What other advice do I have?

I work for a consulting enterprise.

For my needs, the solution offers everything I want. I'd rate it seven out of ten.