Veeam ONE Review

A single solution to effectively monitor all environments

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution on a daily basis to monitor all of our environments.

We use it for supplemental monitoring. Veeam ONE is based on our VMware. Although we receive alerts with VMware, Veeam ONE goes another step further with analysis.

With Veeam ONE, we're easily able to determine what has been impacted. For example, VMware will get an alert for an ESX host, and Veeam ONE will know exactly what VMs and what applications are impacted. It's not our primary source of monitoring, but when we have an issue, we go to Veeam ONE to figure out exactly where things are and to help us connect the dots.

What is most valuable?

The reporting features are great for our business and managers, It takes a lot of the guesswork out. The monthly reports come complete with graphs and summaries, it's really helpful.

What needs improvement?

The threshold could be easier to configure. I would like to see more automation and integration with their own backups. Currently, you can stop and start a backup, but it would be nice if you could initiate a reinstall using Veeam ONE.

I have been using this solution for roughly six years.

We experience problems with our SQL database. Our SQL database grew quite large in size with Veeam ONE. This is an area for improvement. They should also provide more guidance regarding calculating how big the environment might grow for the SQL database. We experienced a couple of issues where the Veeam ONE server went down because the SQL database grew too much, and we had to recreate it a couple of times. We don't quite understand how the Veeam ONE database works and what causes it to grow so quickly.

The technical support is responsive, however, there have been times when we have had problems, but the technical support will determine it's not a Veeam issue, so they just drop it. They will only help us if the issue is directly related to Veeam. They could go a bit further and give a few suggestions, but they don't. In some cases, we have to get both VMware support and Veeam support together on one call and go through our account rep to pressure them. They'll eventually do it, but you have to force their hand.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. The Installation process was completed in one day.

We got the Veeam Enterprise Suite, which comes with Veeam ONE and Enterprise Manager. I'm not exactly sure what the pricing is.

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is a great product. My main advice would definitely be to do a complete overview of the setup, and accurately design the database because otherwise, it will grow out of control.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

More Veeam ONE reviews from users