Veeam ONE Review

If you are in a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam One but the alerts need better descriptions.

Valuable Features

I really like the reporting. You can build your own reports and schedule to send them any time. I also like the fact that alerts are resolved automatically if there is no longer an issue.

Improvements to My Organization

From a storage prospective we were getting alerts when the Hyper V LUNS reached the threshold and we were able to fix the space issue before something worse happened.

No more surprises about our Hyper-V environment, storage.

Room for Improvement

Better description of the problems as the alerts are missing good descriptions. Sometimes you need to spend extra time to Google the error because the information from the alerts is not clear enough.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

Deployment is very simple, the installation wizard is very easy and then it is just simply adding whatever you want to monitor.

I don't have any stability issues.

I need to give them 10/10. All the cases are resolved in the time they give.

We used PRTG but we were getting a lot of false positives.

Other Advice

If you are using a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam Backup and Veeam One.

If you deploy Veeam Backup and Veeam One, you will sleep much better.

1 visitor found this review helpful
4 Comments
Infrastructure Architect at a non-tech company with 51-200 employeesReal User

How are you still liking this product? Do you use it for storage and network as well?

Bartosz KowalskiReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 10

Hi Jonathan,
I am still using the product. I am using to monitor networking and storage but only in relation to hypervisor. If you want to monitor just your networking or storage, this is not product for you, I will go with PRTG , it is cheap and got much better recently.

Infrastructure Architect at a non-tech company with 51-200 employeesReal User

We are evaluating vRealize Ops and VMTurbo Ops.  Love VMTurbo so far.  VMTurbo has plug-ins to communicate say with my EMC VMAX array and Cisco UCS compute/network.  So, you just you it for hypervisor and vms? What do you use from storage?
Thanks!

Bartosz KowalskiReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 10

I like VMTurbo Ops, right now I am using SCOM to monitor our infrastructure.

16 February 16