Veeam ONE Review

If you are in a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam One but the alerts need better descriptions.

What is most valuable?

I really like the reporting. You can build your own reports and schedule to send them any time. I also like the fact that alerts are resolved automatically if there is no longer an issue.

How has it helped my organization?

From a storage prospective we were getting alerts when the Hyper V LUNS reached the threshold and we were able to fix the space issue before something worse happened.

No more surprises about our Hyper-V environment, storage.

What needs improvement?

Better description of the problems as the alerts are missing good descriptions. Sometimes you need to spend extra time to Google the error because the information from the alerts is not clear enough.

I've used it for two years.

Deployment is very simple, the installation wizard is very easy and then it is just simply adding whatever you want to monitor.

I don't have any stability issues.

I need to give them 10/10. All the cases are resolved in the time they give.

We used PRTG but we were getting a lot of false positives.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam Backup and Veeam One.

If you deploy Veeam Backup and Veeam One, you will sleep much better.

More Veeam ONE reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, VMware, Turbonomic and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: February 2021.
464,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
4 Comments

author avatarit_user368379 (Infrastructure Architect at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees)

How are you still liking this product? Do you use it for storage and network as well?

author avatarit_user203934 (Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees)
Top ReviewerReal User

Hi Jonathan,
I am still using the product. I am using to monitor networking and storage but only in relation to hypervisor. If you want to monitor just your networking or storage, this is not product for you, I will go with PRTG , it is cheap and got much better recently.

We are evaluating vRealize Ops and VMTurbo Ops.  Love VMTurbo so far.  VMTurbo has plug-ins to communicate say with my EMC VMAX array and Cisco UCS compute/network.  So, you just you it for hypervisor and vms? What do you use from storage?
Thanks!

Top ReviewerReal User

I like VMTurbo Ops, right now I am using SCOM to monitor our infrastructure.