Veeam ONE Review
Virtual and Backup infrastructure monitoring solution

Valuable Features

Here theyare features that I appreciated:

• Immediate alerting
  • Scheduled historical reporting
  • Unique enterprise backup console view
  • One settings point location
  • Infrastructure view
  • Business view
  • Data protection View
  • VM

Improvements to My Organization

This product gave us the ability to have a single notification point about global infrastructure.

Veeam console is well integrated with Veeam Backup & Replication so, we can view, at the same time, backup health and disaster recovery replication between different sites. The historical reporting feature, gave us the ability to understand any weakness and possible strange behavior to be investigated.

In any case, we utilized Veeam One and B&R in conjunction with other monitoring software to have a complete and real time situation of our infrastructure (network devices, applicative problems etc).

Room for Improvement

It would be really appreciated if Veeam One could provide an OS and program monitoring solution for the VM ( exchange monitoring and queue, event viewer, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS etc) and improve grant processes to apply in case of any infrastructure problems.

Use of Solution

I started using it since 3 years ago in conjunction with other monitoring solutions (SCOM 2012, OpManager, VirtuaWin, Netwrix, Nagios

I had problems getting Veeam One and Veeam Backup & Replication to coexist on the same server.

Sometimes, I needed to reboot the server if it was on for a long time. I also had some performance problems if it was implemented on an old server.

Scalability wasn't an issue, but I had problems with the license files when we bought new licenses.

It was good.

They were great and well prepared.

About virtual host, I utilized (and I am still using), Nagios, Netwrix, OpManager but I am preferring them only for OS, network devices, bandwidth utilization and application server monitoring.

I liked Veeam One about VMware and HyperV server monitoring

Initial setup was quite straightforward and easy.

Implementation Team

I implemented it on my own.

ROI

An excellent disaster recovery plan, backup replication, and real time monitoring.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Initial setup was €10,000 in conjunction with Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Edition with different sites/hosts to monitor. The day to day cost, is meanly relative licensing and minimal time to maintaining it.

Other Solutions Considered

• SCOM 2012
  • OpManager
  • Nagios
  • Netwrix

Other Advice

If you already utilize Veeam Backup & Replication, it would be very important that you utilize this product to manage them together. (Other than essential licenses, the enterprise version gives you a single monitoring/backup console that sounds great).

1 visitor found this review helpful

2 Comments

Victory LeeReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

Since time using VMware visualization solutions and issues related to backup / restore has more than 8 years, I have found that the use of Veeam Backup Replicate, Veeam ONE are extremely important, fast, easy and safety. Although previous systems using Symantec / TIVOLY backup but they are too expensive, bulky and difficult operation (especially a tape backup-offsite / USB is not flexible than Veeam).

01 March 16
Alessandro MazzantiReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

Your adjectives are the more suitable about Veeam products (fast, easy and safety) like other adjectives about previous backup tools.

01 March 16