Veeam ONE Review

What is most valuable?

The reverse incremental feature is most valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

It is intuitive to use. It was easy to train IT guys how to use it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see any backup process other than the snapshot backup.

We have used the solution for four years.

Sometimes if a backup failed, it meant the snapshot was not removed. This could cause the VM to crash when it ran out of snapshot space.

I didn't need it for our environment which had three ESX hosts and 50-60 VMs.

I didn't use the technical support directly, but the guys reporting to me did. I believe they were fairly straightforward.

I used a product called vRanger by Quest. They are very similar, but I decided to switch to Veeam after going to a VMware event and seeing that Veeam had become a partner of VMware. This gave me more confidence in their product.

The setup was very simple as it's pretty much a default install.

I see nothing different than what other vendors are doing, which is to price it at "per physical CPU". Just factor that in when looking at cost.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for a small to medium size company. The backup speed isn't lightening quick. However, a lot depends on your environment and what you're backing up to i.e., NAS or SAN.