Vembu BDR Suite Review

Used for backup copies on key virtual servers and it is a reassurance against lost data

What is our primary use case?

We use it for backup copies of key virtual servers in our company.

How has it helped my organization?

Fortunately, we have not had to recover lost data. However, it is reassuring to know that we can recover lost data, if needed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of setup and configuration.

What needs improvement?

I have not been impressed by the data compression of the backup images. They seem to take up nearly as much space on the backup drive as they do on the server.

Less than one year.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not faced any challenges with its ability to  scale.

Their technical support is very good to work with, as they are able to propose alternate solutions to problems that work well for us.

We did not previously use a different solution. Vembu was selected after reviewing, then trying several different products.

The initial setup was straightforward and well-documented.

We were able to take advantage of a promotional pricing campaign.

I do not know how often Vembu offers the promotional pricing campaign, but it can be cost advantageous.

In addition to Vembu, we evaluated Veeam, Unitrends, and Virten as alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Verify that you can restore a virtual machine (VM) from its backup and ensure the notification of backup results (success or fail) is readily available.

1 Comment
BhavaniShanmugamVendor

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that Vembu BDR Suite works well for your environment. Further, I would like to let you know that the compression ratio completely depends on the characteristics of the source data & it may vary from 30% to 70%. If you are not satisfied with the achieved compression ratio, kindly contact our support team through vembu-support@vembu.com to assist you regarding the same.

19 November 18