Vembu BDR Suite Review

Improved our business continuity; it has helped us recover from a few incidences

What is our primary use case?

We use it to backup VMware virtual machines, so I'm backing up my VMware environment. My product is for Windows Server Backup.

We are a small business. We don't use the enterprise version of the solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our business continuity.

We have used this solution to recover from a few incidences.

What is most valuable?

The firewall backup is the most valuable feature. We need it sometimes when we recover a single file.

The compression is the most useful feature for me.

What needs improvement?

The product's stability needs some improvements.

The support is a bit slow in resolving an issue. It takes a long time to recover.

One year.

The solution is 90 percent stable. It is running well. The availability is good.

Two or three employees are needed for deployment and maintenance of the solution.

I only have two servers. I don't test other servers.

We don't count our users for this solution as it is a backup service.

I would rate the technical support as eight or nine (out of 10). I would like them to improve their response rate.

This was our first product.

The initial setup was neither simple nor complex; it was intermediate. It took four hours to set up/deploy. We implemented it into a very simple environment (Windows Server Backup).

We deployed it ourselves.

We have seen ROI with Vembu. The solution is worth it based on the few times that we used it for recovery.

We tested three products. One of the other products that we evaluated was Altaro.

We chose Vembu because the compatibility was better.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Vembu. We have been mostly satisfied with the solution. We plan to keep using it.

Overall, I would rate the product as a nine (out of 10).

More Vembu BDR Suite reviews from users
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
1 Comment

author avatarBhavaniShanmugam (Vembu Technologies)

Thank you for your feedback, Forrest. Glad to hear that Vembu BDR Suite works well for your environment.

We regret the inconvenience you had with technical support. We have taken this feedback to our Head of Support. Time taken to resolve an issue may sometimes be influenced because of environment-specific issues or based on the priority/severity of the issue. We will make sure we deliver a better support experience with faster responses.

For any queries, please get in touch with our team through vembu-support@vembu.com.