Veracode Review

Makes us aware of any potential code security vulnerabilities in our products

What is our primary use case?

Scanning for code security vulnerabilities within our company's products.

How has it helped my organization?

Made our company aware of any potential code security vulnerabilities. Also, customers can use our products knowing they are verified by top organizations as safe.

What is most valuable?

Informing me of application security vulnerabilities. Bamboo build-automation with Veracode API calls are used.

What needs improvement?

• The user interface could be more sleek.
  • Some scanning requirements aren't flexible.
  • Some features take some time for new users to understand (like what exactly "modules" are).

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Great.

Somewhat straightforward. There was a little confusion about "missing modules" that are third-party files that we couldn't upload because we don't actually have them. That really confused us, but the technical support resolved the confusion.

I can't report on any cost savings relating to code fixes since implementing Veracode in our development process, but it makes us feel more confident about our code, which is awesome.

We are satisfied.

None. We might look into Checkmarx.

What other advice do I have?

I am very likely to recommend Veracode to colleagues. Veracode is great.

Keep your software secure

Application security starts with secure code. Find out more about the benefits of using Veracode to keep your software secure throughout the development lifecycle.