Veracode Review

Substantially reduces the number of unmitigated flaws in our code

What is our primary use case?

We use Veracode to scan custom-developed code for flaws.

How has it helped my organization?

• The volume of unmitigated flaws in our applications has been substantially reduced.
  • In terms of AppSec best practices, the team at Veracode has provided industry benchmarks against which we are measuring our improvement.
  • Our customers have benefited from the added security assurance of our applications, although they may not know it.

What is most valuable?

The identification of flaws.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see improvement in reporting, in particular, end dates on mitigations.

Three to five years.

The solution is very stable.

It has handled all the expansion we have required from it.

Technical support is highly competent.

It was already implemented when I joined the organization. However, we have expanded greatly.

We are about to enter discussions for renewal. I have heard there may be some changes to pricing. I will reserve judgment until the discussions are complete.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it. It covers all our custom-developed applications and will expand as new applications and services are added.

We have 50-plus users of Veracode. Their roles include InfoSec, developers, development managers, QA, and configuration management. In terms of deployment and maintenance, we have four people in configuration management and InfoSec.

Keep your software secure

Application security starts with secure code. Find out more about the benefits of using Veracode to keep your software secure throughout the development lifecycle.