Veracode Review

Easy to scale and does a good job, but only for a limited number of technologies

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is application security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature comes from the fact that it is cloud-based, and I can scale up without having to worry about any other infrastructure needs.

What needs improvement?

This solution does a good job, but it is limited to only a few technologies. I would like to see expanded coverage for supporting more platforms, frameworks, and languages.

Specifically, I would like to see support for mobile frameworks like Xaramin and React JS, as well as extended support for iOS applications.

Five years.

This solution is quite scalable.

We have approximately fifty users, but we definitely have plans to add more.

I have used their technical support and they are quite good.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

This solution is on the pricey side. They have just streamlined the licensing and they have a number of flexible options available, so overall it is quite good, albeit pricey.

We evaluated other options, but we chose Veracode.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is interested in implementing this solution is to ensure that your technology is actually supported because the coverage is quite patchy. It is possible that if you use a framework or a language that Veracode does not support then it will give quite poor results.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Keep your software secure

Application security starts with secure code. Find out more about the benefits of using Veracode to keep your software secure throughout the development lifecycle.