Veracode Software Composition Analysis Review

Excellent article scanning, good data support and great analysis

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for article scanning.

What is most valuable?

The article scanning is excellent.

The composition analysis and common CBEs attached to it are quite good.

The solution offers a lot of really great analysis. There's lots of good data support.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model could be improved.

If they can provide an automatic upload model, that would be really good. Right now we have to upload the NK bucket hosting to get through the analysis. That is kind of cumbersome.

The documentation is poor and the technical support isn't helpful.

We've been using the solution for three or four years.

We don't plan on increasing usage. We are a product company. We have three products that are built. All of them go through this solution. We are not a services company.

We have about 80 people on the solution currently. They are all developers.

We did previously reach out to technical support. When we had to set up all of the automation, we contacted them for assistance. Their documentation is awful and their response time wasn't ideal.

The initial setup was not complex. It was pretty straightforward. However, the integration and automation of the CI cloud was a nightmare.

Deployment varies. sometimes it takes three months. Sometimes it only takes one hour. The average is one hour, but we have experienced much, much longer deployment times.

I have no idea what the licensing costs on the solution are. Our IT team handles the details.

What other advice do I have?

We were part of the initiation when the company started. They introduced it and we began using the solution. We're just a customer.

For those companies hoping to automate the solution, I would not recommend it. It's too difficult for those heavily dependant on automation. However, for those companies who want to manually use it, I can recommend the solution. In those cases, it's easy to use even if you won't build it as a part of your automation test tools or on any internet server.

I'd rate them eight out of ten. I'd rate them higher, but they have bad automation and terrible documentation. Other than that, they are very good.

More Veracode Software Composition Analysis reviews from users