Veritas Backup Exec Review

Great backup solution with good file option feature, SQL and EM agent; user friendly

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is as backup for our file servers, SQL, things like that. We're a customer of Veritas and I'm a CAD engineer.

What is most valuable?

I like the open file option, SQL agent, and the EM agent. It's a user friendly solution.

What needs improvement?

This is a very good product. I've been comparing it to some DR solutions, there are some products that include disaster recovery which Veritas is lacking for now. It's possible that they will include it in the next release. We're looking for something with a DR backup.

I've been using this solution for 15 years.

In general, the stability is good, but we do sometimes have issues. The documentation is very good so any issues can be solved.

We are a small company and I'm the only person using this product so we haven't tried scaling it. I think the next version, NetBackup, includes the option to expand.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward and only takes about half an hour. We do upgrade patches when new releases come through and also carry out regular maintenance.

The pricing of this solution is moderate, I believe.

More Veritas Backup Exec reviews from users