Veritas Backup Exec Review

Excellent backup tool with great support. But installing updates is time consuming.

Valuable Features:

Excellent backup tool for doing disk to disk to tape. Support is great, even though you get through to Pune or Bangalore, their support skills are great.

Room for Improvement:

Service packs releases mean you need to apply it to the media server and then manually update each agent. Can be time-consuming.
More Veritas Backup Exec reviews from users
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Veritas Backup Exec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
3 Comments

author avatarit_user1068 (Tech Support Staff at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

I never take chances when it comes to ensuring that my company data is safe at all times. We have implemented Backup Exec in our company for several years and I have never thought of seeking another option. The support we get is also great. Thank you for sharing with us on this great Backup tool. I just thought I could also add a few things I like about this backup option.

author avatarit_user114780 (User at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees)

Backup Exec through the 2010 version was outstanding. However, since I upgraded to the 2012 version there have been nothing but problems. From issues with the database to instability with disk storage configurations, the 2012 version has had many hiccups. I upgraded to the 2012 version becuase our shop is almost 100% virtualized. I am in the process of evaluating Veeam.

author avatarit_user2652 (Project Manager at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees)
Top 20PopularVendor

Which backup tool do you recommend for backing up oracle databases?