Veritas CloudPoint Review

Easy to setup, good support, has good indexing and file-level restore features

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for backing up EC2 instances and RDS instances.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the indexing, the file-level restore, and the replications between regions.

Also, the ability to integrate it with the information management studio, and the backups for RDS backups and MSQL, and helpful.

What needs improvement?

They are niche with the work that they do, but they should have more integration with NetBackup and the reporting is something they should be working towards improving. They have very minimal reporting.

It would be nice to have integration with Oracle RMAN.

I have been using Veritas CloudPoint for a couple of years.

It's pretty stable, I have not experienced many issues with stability.

Scalability is not really an issue, as it doesn't store any data on it. It's going to orchestrate the account snapshots.

I would rate technical support an eight out of ten.

Previously, we were using N2WS, which is okay, it's not a bad product. We switched because of the ease of integration of Veritas CluodPoint with other Vertias products.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

When comparing to other solutions, the price is at par.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that they test the encryption.

If they want to replicate the EBS volumes between two regions, then they should understand the encryption if they want to encrypt the replicated volumes.

I would rate Veritas CloudPoint a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud