Veritas NetBackup Appliance Review

Easy to use with a good user interface and reasonable pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup and for testing in the system.

What is most valuable?

I'm not extremely technical, so I'm not sure if I could discuss the benefits of certain features in great detail.

The solution overall has all the features we need.

The pricing is pretty good. We don't find it to be too expensive for us.

The solution is pretty easy to use. Users can easily learn as they go. There are other solutions on the market which are much more difficult. Some, like IBM, need specialists to handle them. That's not the case with NetBackup.

The solution has a very easy-to-navigate user interface.

What needs improvement?

There aren't any real outstanding features. Right now, the solution works well for us, and I don't think there's much missing per se.

It would be a better solution if we were able to make more reports in regards to the backup system.

I've been working with the solution for three years.

The stability of the solution is quite good. Any problems or issues are resolved quickly and they don't affect the overall reliability of the product.

The scalability of the solution is good, from what I understand. I've never tried to scale myself, however, I know individuals who have and they have told me it's quite easy to do. If an organization needs to scale, they should be able to do so using this solution.

Our organization has about 600 employees and has just about 14 terabytes of data within its servers. We use the solution quite extensively.

I've personally dealt with technical support in the past and I can say that I'm satisfied with their service. They are quite responsive. They know what they are talking about. They always help us solve any issues we have.

This is the only backup solution we're currently using. However, we previously used an IBM solution. It was ultimately difficult to use and we needed a specialist to run it, which is why we switched to this solution.

We have a team that handles the setup and management of the solution. I didn't handle the setup myself. I couldn't say, from experience, if it was difficult or not, however, I don't recall the team running into issues or requiring outside assistance.

Our in-house team handled the deployment. We didn't require the assistance of a specialist.

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the solution.

The pricing is okay. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

The solution offers good scalability and stability. It's easy to navigate and offers good pricing. For the most part, what we need is right there, however it could use better reporting.

More Veritas NetBackup Appliance reviews from users