Veritas NetBackup Appliance Review

A flexible solution that performs well in hybrid and mixed environments

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we assist our customers with products from many vendors. This is a solution that we have provided to several customers who are currently using it.

All of our customers use an on-premises deployment model in a variety of environments made up of both Windows and Linux machines.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it can be used in many different kinds of systems. Our customers sometimes have mixed environments with different operating systems and storage from different vendors, and it is easier for them to use only one tool.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution could be improved.

Technical support for this solution needs to be improved. We have some critical problems that have not yet been resolved, and everyone is nervous.

Depending on the environment, some of the tools have problems.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see more support for more virtual devices.

Our customers have been using this solution for several years.

I would say that the stability of this solution is good.

Our environment includes more than one thousand systems.

Technical support is something that needs improvement.

The initial setup of this solution is very difficult because we have a complex environment. With more than one thousand systems, the migration of the systems is not easy.

The licensing costs for this solution are very high.

What other advice do I have?