Veritas NetBackup Review

User friendly with great features, but very expensive

What is most valuable?

Overall, the solution is great. We have no complaints in terms of the quality it provides.

We have been using Veritas NetBackup in our environment for the past 10 years. Although the features don't change much, it's extremely user friendly for us. We have widely deployed the solution as our sole backup solution for the past few years.

The solution offers a lot of really great features that organizations can utilize and take advantage of.

What needs improvement?

The only pain point we have with this solution is the cost. It's very expensive. In fact, it's so expensive we are looking for other platforms. We want to move away from it in order to save our organization costs.

We've been using the solution for ten years. It's been about a decade since we first started using the solution.

We are growing, and, at the same time, we are also doing some sort of consolidation in Singapore. Due to the fact that we are growing at a very rapid speed, we are looking at other products in the market that can deal with the big amount of data that we are going to back up and we're focusing on those that can do the work very efficiently.

I have contacted technical support in the past. Actually, in fact, I am very close to the account and product team operators in Singapore. They're great. They've been very supportive. We've quite satisfied with the level of service provided.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. The solution itself is very user friendly, so we didn't find the implementation very complex.

Deployment took about half a day of work.

Currently, we're evaluating Cohesity. It is a new solution that we are starting to assess. We're looking at whether it's the right solution to replace our existing NetBackup.

Right now, our entire organization is a NetBackup supporter. However, we also understand that the cost of the backup is actually extremely high. We are actually looking at some sort of alternative at this point.

What other advice do I have?

We're a NetBackup customer and we have a close partnership with Veritas. We don't provide any services to clients. We just happen to use it.

The product itself is great, however, the pricing is very high compared to the competition.

Veritas has been quite well known in the market for some time now. They have a lot of features as well. However, at the end of the day, it's always the cost that we have to consider.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Veritas NetBackup reviews from users