Veritas NetBackup Review

it provides us with integration possibilities for different products, e.g. Informix, Oracle, MySQL, VMware, Linux, Unix, and Windows.

Valuable Features:

It offers everything I need from a backup system. I am completely sure that all my data is backed up.

Improvements to My Organization:

We now have a reliable backup system. Also, it provides us with great integration possibilities for different products, e.g. Informix, Oracle, MySQL, VMware, Linux, Unix, and Windows. It also helps with deduplication and the backing up of flash systems.

Room for Improvement:

Technical support needs to improve, especially with the appliances.

Other Advice:

It's the best and most reliable backup system I've used.

More Veritas NetBackup reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about Veritas NetBackup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.
2 Comments

author avatarit_user87930 (Data Center Expert at a tech company with 10,001+ employees)
MSP

Agree, technical support is a big problem.

author avatarit_user562659 (Network & Information Security Analyst with 501-1,000 employees)

Agree! Concerning the technical support, I think there have been some improvements since I deployed my first appliance.