Veritas NetBackup Review

Easy to install, configure, and use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to backup the databases for our enterprise clients.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a very good backup solution that we provide to the majority of our clients as a service.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to perform a backup, and then verify whether it has been properly completed or not.

What needs improvement?

Add endpoint backup capability for a particular appliance. Currently it is server level only.

More than five years.

We use this product daily, and my impression of the stability is very good.

It is scalable. Our clients include fifty to sixty IT managers that are responsible for backing up their company's data. We plan to increase this number as we add new clients.

I have not contacted the product's technical support. We have our own lab set up for testing the product.

I use a second solution, Commvault, in cases where there is no domain. I did not, and still do not use another solution for our primary use case.

The setup, installation, and configuration is not complex. Once the product is configured, it is very easy to use.

For this solution, we handle the system integration for our clients. It takes approximately ten to fifteen days to deploy the backup solution.

I think that the pricing and licensing for this solution is good. It is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I have not had any issues or problems when using this solution. It has been working perfectly for our primary use case.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.