Veritas NetBackup Review

Cost-effective and has proactive support

What is our primary use case?

We are a partner and a user of Veritas NetBackup. As a company, we are using Veritas for our internal data backup and recovery.

What needs improvement?

Improvements can be made to the service by providing better and more competitive ratios on data backups. The functionality for backups is there with Veritas, but I would like to see them optimize and enhance this feature more.

Technical support from the vendor's perspective has been very proactive. They are very active in responding to customer support requests. Their response times have been good and the people are great to deal with when it comes to troubleshooting and solving problems. Veritas knows what they are doing and they have excellent experience in their own product line.

We were previously using Veritas.

We implemented through a vendor. The vendor was very proactive. The response was great. They were knowledgable and experienced; the team got the job done.

Veritas Netbackup offers affordable licensing.

We were evaluating other products and getting confused between Commvault and Veritas NetBackup. The one reason that we started with Veritas NetBackup is the pricing of the license. There's no other reason from a technical perspective or even operation or capability of the two software. The main reason we chose Veritas NetBackup was that in our use case it is more cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that it is a perfect product. I would rate it an 8 out of 10 overall. I wouldn't give it a ten because it doesn't have the necessary full backup capabilities and because it is missing functionalities like the archiving feature which is not there.