Veritas NetBackup Review

Good dashboard, reporting, and performance

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to back up old books and scriptures. We are working with an old archive that has more than sixty or seventy terabytes, and we put it on tapes.

We are using a tape library as the media, and our deployment is within our private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

This has helped us manage our company backups. The reporting is very good, with all of the details highlighted and very clear. It has a very good dashboard.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are performance and support.

What needs improvement?

This solution would benefit from a more friendly, web-based interface.

I would like to see better integration with more systems and appliances. Better integrity would also be an improvement.

We would like to have a unified solution that includes backup-over-disk, as opposed to only backup-over-tape. Currently, we are using more than one solution.

We have been using this solution for approximately ten years.

This is one of the most stable backup solutions.

The scalability of this solution is very good.

We have more than five thousand employees that are using the PC and connected to the network. However, this solution is limited to one department with more than one hundred employees.

We are satisfied with the technical support for this solution.

Prior to this solution, we had CA Backup.

We are currently using two backup solutions. In addition to Veritas NetBackup, we are using Quest, which in turn uses NetVault. Our plan is to unify our solutions.

The initial setup of this solution was straightforward, with no complexity.

We are very satisfied with the price of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.