Veritas SaaS Backup Review

Covers all of Office 365 but doesn't integrate with other cloud platforms

What is our primary use case?

In general, people use this solution to back up their Office 365 environment. By default, when you use Office 365, you don't really have a solution to protect your data. They just want other unique points to centralize their backup with simplicity.

What is most valuable?

I think the most important feature is the ability of SaaS Backup to cover all modules proposed by Office 365 because competing solutions don't cover the total scope.

Veritas is in a good position. The major difference from the test is whether you backup directly on the Veritas cloud. Sometimes you may have a customer who prefers to backup directly onto Azure or AWS cloud and not the Veritas cloud.

What needs improvement?

Currently, it isn't possible to use anything other than Veritas cloud to back up to. I think today it's important to cover the three major cloud provider: GCP, Azure and AWS.

We've been familiar with this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

It is definitely scalable. You just have to pay accordingly.

We have about 2,500 users among our clients.

All SaaS backup should be easy. I think it's easy. You just have to pay depending on how many customers you want to protect and Veritas proposes all the facilities to protect. It takes about half a day to deploy.

We require about two people for deployment and maintenance.

I am an integrator. I'm in pre-sales, so it's not really me that deploys the solution. It is more consultants that do that, but I think it's really easy and I could deploy the solution if needed.

I don't remember exactly what the cost is but SaaS Backup isn't the most expensive solution.

I evaluated Rubrik SaaS, NetApp SaaS Backup, and NetView.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it covers the total scope of Office 365. That's why I recommend this solution. Competitors don't address the total scope.

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten. It is not a full ten, because it's important to simplify the user experience and reduce the policies, or the number of clicks you need to do to customize your policy. Rubrik is better at that point.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Veritas SaaS Backup reviews from users
...who compared it with NetApp SaaS Backup
Find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.