Veritas System Recovery Review

Backups databases and applications and integrates nicely with other solutions

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for the backup of our databases and applications. We have it deployed on-premise. We resell this solution.

What is most valuable?

It has a user-friendly interface and configures and integrates nicely with other products. Monitoring and reporting features are also good.

What needs improvement?

I don't think this product is perfect but so far I have not had any issues with it.

The pricing could be cheaper.

I have been using Veritas System Recovery for three years.

It's very stable.

It's very scalable. For the deployment, we had three people but it can be done by only one person. It's a very straightforward deployment one person can do it. One person can do it but we have a team of two administrators that do the management.

We use this solution day-to-day.

Since the deployment, I've logged about three of four cases and their responses are usually very prompt. I am very satisfied.

I was previously using Veeam Network Backup for general network backup.

The initial setup was very straightforward. We had some firewall issues. The deployment took around a week.

We deployed through our technical team.

We also looked at Dell EMC. We chose Veritas because it's far more straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten.