• Veritas Volume Manager is available for Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX, allowing a standard solution design and facilitating support for large and diverse environments
• Veritas DMP (Dynamic Multi Pathing) works great. Multi-path software effectively detects SAN failures and bottlenecks, enabling high data availability and good performance
• Perform regular maintenance tasks such as filesystem increase or even decrease (only for Veritas File System) on the fly
• Symantec support does a really good job. The few times it was needed, they provided excellent and timely results
Room for Improvement:
• Although it is easy to perform regular maintenance tasks, Veritas Volume Manager is hard to master
• Veritas Volume Manager experts are expensive, which makes it costly to have them in company
This software enables a single means of managing storage devices coming from different sources such as internal disk bays, Storage Area Network or Direct-Attached Storage. Symantec support and documentation are very good, and pricing in most cases proves to be worth it when taking into consideration the benefits of its implementation.