Verix Review
Business Analytics enables us to better understand our business and compare ourselves meaningfully to our competitors.

Valuable Features:

The solution has a number of distinct features that are noteworthy. First, it is an incredibly flexible and fast, yet comprehensive analytical solution. Verix has found a way to deploy the solution quickly, in under 3 months, while providing a product that is robust and uniquely tailored to the sales model within the industry. Second, in response to specific business needs that are constantly arising, Verix is consistently able to address our needs in a quick and thoughtful manner. Additionally, since Verix is cloud-based, these changes happen almost immediately, usually within hours or days. Finally, Verix’s intelligent business alerts (i.e. hotspots) provide outstanding value by putting easy-to-use analytics in the hands of the user.

Improvements to My Organization:

I lead a small team of highly trained experts whose job it is to understand the data that is important to our business. The team supports thousands of people across the company, including the sales and marketing groups, as well as the executive branch. Verix allows us to better understand our business and compare ourselves in a meaningful way to our competitors. The solution makes it easy by integrating and displaying the information in a highly useful way so that we can provide targeted guidance to managers on what is and isn’t working. We are able to focus on the right customers with greater insight, be they HCPs or payers.

Room for Improvement:

I am very happy with Verix. The solution itself is flexible and reasonably priced. Therefore, I would like to see it expanded into different parts of the business, which I believe is the ambition.

Use of Solution:

4 years

Deployment Issues:

There were no issues with the deployment. The deployment took place one group at a time and expanded from there. Once one group was satisfied, that group passed on recommendations to their colleagues in another group, and so forth. The early adopters generated demand among the subsequent groups.

Stability Issues:

None at all - the product is extremely stable.

Previous Solutions:

I attempted to use our enterprise data warehouse coupled with a generic BI tool. This solution proved very costly, cumbersome to use and required many internal resources and consultants to support. For example, it took us six months to develop and produce a set of reports. With this tool, we are able to produce full reports within six weeks. This time savings really confirms the agility of the solution and team.

Initial Setup:

For us, the initial set-up was very straightforward. I assume that for the Verix team, the large amount of data along with our business requirements, made it quite complicated. However, Verix’s production model and domain expertise helped to cut through the complexity. They used their experience from past engagements and suggested how and what would be best to display. Rather than starting with a blank slate, Verix brought in ideas and templates that served to guide us through the process.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

One of the nice things about the contract with Verix is that the offering terms are predefined. The contract allows for a liberal set of adjustments and changes within a defined scope. I know how much I’m going to spend in a year, rather than other pay-as-you-go models, where the costs are unknown and possibly endless. Verix understands that business needs change and their system is flexible enough to accommodate these changes.

Other Advice:

I would recommend reaching out and talking to people with significant experience in developing and using BI tools. Learn about the different products and their pros and cons. Find out the deployment pain points. We went through several BI iterations prior to Verix that were unsuccessful. We would have saved millions if we had worked with Verix in the first place. Once we did, it was smooth sailing.