Versa Cloud Services Gateway Review

Has many capabilities, but is overly complex for our use cases

What is our primary use case?

We were using Versa Cloud Services Gateway to pilot what it would do for us in respect of Microsoft Access.

What needs improvement?

We couldn't see anything uniquely valuable in the SDN and that's why we didn't pursue it.

While the solution offers many capabilities, it did not line up with what we were looking for in our use case.

As we are a small organization and do not possess many resources, the solution we use must be simpler and smaller than Versa Cloud Services Gateway. We found it to be too complex for our use case.

We had no issues with the stability.

I have had almost no interaction with technical support. The provider handles all VPN, connectivity or cloud issues, anything really.

The initial setup necessitated much design and planning. This is why we felt that the solution exceeded what we required of our supplier in consideration of the scope of our work and it is why we're looking for alternate options, as our requirements are evolving in terms of how we connect and the applications that we use.

From an economic perspective the solution is very competitive to what is offered in the market.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering implementing the solution that planning is required. It definitely offers a lot of advanced functionality. However, it is overly complicated for someone who is not interested in all the bells and whistles.

Since we did not really make use of the solution it would be difficult for us to rate it, but I would give Versa Cloud Services Gateway a rating of seven out of ten.