Versa Director Review

Easy to define a variety of different policy constructs; could be simplified with regard to features

What is our primary use case?

We are looking at this solution as a means to get better management around our SD Wan functionality. The solution is used by our network teams. We're a large service provider and customers of Versa.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable functionality is some of the policy pieces that are quite useful. They make it a lot easier to define a lot of different policy constructs.

What needs improvement?

I think the one area that could be improved is that there are a lot of features. That is also an advantage but it makes things a little difficult. I'd like to see some simplification so that there is less bloat.

I've been using this solution for over two years.

The solution is fairly stable but there's room for improvement. Our service provider handles all maintenance.

For the scope of what the solution is supposed to be, it is scalable and inherently, it does tolerate quite a substantial scale. I wouldn't use it on a service provider scale, but it definitely works for the enterprise scale.

I haven't had to deal directly with technical support because everything was done through the service providers.

The initial setup is fairly complicated, and there's quite a bit of work involved from a design standpoint, making sure everything is in place. We had a fairly small deployment, with a very small number of locations and I think it took a couple of weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a six out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Versa Networks, Zabbix, SolarWinds and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.