Vertica Review

Its scalability has enabled Pythian's clients to manage data with agility and scale accordingly.

What is our primary use case?

It has performed well for the analytical and data warehousing performance. It has enabled scalability and has added value to the business.

How has it helped my organization?

Its analytics has enabled Pythian's clients to get the business insights as quick as they wanted. Its lower maintenance has also improved the ROI.

What is most valuable?

HPE Vertica is a unique solution as it handles a huge magnitude of data with matchless speed and simplicity. One feature, which has really benefited us, is the scalability offered by Vertica as it has enabled Pythian's clients to manage data with agility.

What needs improvement?

The documentation could be improved with more examples of commands and step-by-step scenarios.

Three to five years.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

The technical support is good, although it could be improved in terms of the response time and skill-set.

NA

The setup was pretty straightforward as it doesn't take much; if you plan your infrastructure right, then it is a breeze.

Read the fine print carefully.

What other advice do I have?

First, analyze your business requirements and if the analytics, scalability, and lower maintenance are your requirements then go for HPE Vertica.

More Vertica reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Teradata
Learn what your peers think about Vertica. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarit_user731886 (Marketing and Advertising Manager at a wellness & fitness company)

Messtone industry Company 45,000 links from 22,000 Domains Connected to 10" Countries within 10" Cities Driven Data and Delivery!