VIPRE Endpoint Security Review

Easy to deploy, good price, low overhead, and keeps our Servers and PC's free of virus'

What is our primary use case?

We use it for on both production server and end user desktops. About 120 desktops and 180 servers. We keep it updated to the latest version and deploy it to both public cloud and on-premises systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions. It made things run faster in our company, and it has done a fantastic job of keeping our networks free of virus.

What is most valuable?

It has low overhead as far as machine resources are concerned. Everything runs faster with VIPRE installed versus some competitors. It has also been pretty easy to use.

It just runs and gives us reports. It also sends us alerts when there is something that we need to look at. It does its job, and you just look at the reports. In other ways, you just forget that it is there.

What needs improvement?

Their management interface is a little buggy as it will hang up and crash from time to time. Although It requires more system resources than the desktop client, adding additional resources' ex. CPU and Memory don't seem to improve it.

Its reporting can also be improved as the executive and patching reports are missing the ability to provide what groups of PC's are included in the reports. Also, It's great they patch some third-party software, but it is a limited list expanding this would be a huge improvement. I'm yet to see it properly handle USB Device control.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

On the client-side, there are no issues.

We have about 120 users. It is pushed out across the organization. Most of the end-users don't see it or acknowledge it is there. It is just in the background. My key team includes my network engineer, my help desk, and my system engineers, and they all utilize it and work with it on a regular basis.

Tech support has overall been quick to respond to request. When we submit a request to them, normally we have a response right away from them.

We previously used Trend Micro. It slowed everything down and had a lot of overhead with the way it was filtering the traffic in and out of devices. It was more cloud-based, where it slowed everything and looped everything through the centralized server instead of having more independent control with the endpoints. It caused a lot of latency and other such things. It was also triple the cost of it, and it didn't do an as good job.

The software itself is pretty simple and easy to use with the management. The way that we have deployed is pretty complex because we are a software as a service company, and we have it running in our production environment.

Its price point has been phenomenal. Our previous solution from Trend Micro was triple the cost of it.

What other advice do I have?

It makes sense. It is easy to deploy and work with.

I would rate VIPRE Endpoint Security an eight out of ten. There is always room for improvement, and there is some bugginess in the management console.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about J2 Global, Carbon Black, SentinelOne and others in Endpoint Protection (EPP) for Business. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.