Visio Review

Has a good interface but it needs better third-party integration

What is our primary use case?

We use Visio for process diagram.

What is most valuable?

The interface is the most valuable aspect of this solution.

What needs improvement?

My colleagues are not satisfied with this solution for many reasons. They don't see end-to-end processes or the layers of one process.

When you use a BPA solution you can open an end-to-end process in one window, go down, or go up between layers to different places. You should be able to see descriptions of the steps of the process.

Integration with third-party vendors is another aspect that needs improvement.

I have been using Visio for three to four years.

We don't have any stability problems.

We have local technical support. We have an IT department and the department solves all of our problems. They contact local support if need be.

The price will always be high. It depends on the organization size, how many processes there are, and what requirements you have for the solution. If you require additional features like analysis, it will be a different price. It's a balance between requirements and price.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation would depend on a few factors like the size of the organization. If it's a small organization and it does not have so many processes, I think Visio is a good solution. For larger organization solutions like Segnavio and Orbus would be better. Those are more complex solutions.

I would rate Visio a six out of ten. We don't have a holistic vision of our processes so I can't open a process. If I open a process in Visio, I can't see how it's connected to other processes.

More Visio reviews from users
...who compared it with ARIS BPA
Learn what your peers think about Visio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.