Visio Review

Good availability, really professional, and very easy

What is our primary use case?

I use it to design business models, cyber defense portals, and pictures. We are using the latest version of Visio.

How has it helped my organization?

We tried other design tools from Google and other companies. We also tried a few open-source solutions, and frankly, you don't get that professional finish in any other solution. Visio is more professional and accurate.

What is most valuable?

I like all the features. I go online, and everything pops there. It is in the cloud, and everything is there. Even if there is a crash, everything is still there. I don't lose anything. That's what is the most valuable and likable.

It is really a professional solution for designing. The designs look really nice in the PDF.

What needs improvement?

They have to improve shapes. It has good shapes, but it certainly can have more shapes. There are no U shapes. It also requires more customizations. There are a lot of icons, but they can be modernized more. These icons have to be more customizable so that we are able to change the color and things like that.

It should also have more integration so that we can use it with other tools on the web. We don't use Microsoft Teams. We use Discord, which is more for gamers. It would be helpful if Visio is integrated with Discord. I can then show my work to my team.

We use Visio, and it is a must-have solution for us, but being a startup, we don't have the money to use the whole Microsoft system. Some day we will use Office. For companies like us, there should be connectors for other software. We should be able to use a connector with the software that we are using or with the new generation solutions. Connectors will make it very easy to transfer data.

I have been using Visio for three to five years.

It is stable. I never had a bug.

It is scalable. We are a small organization. We are a part of a startup, and there are about five to seven users who use it, which is not a big number, but it is enough for us. Architects and web designers are some of the users of this solution.

I never needed their service. It is so easy to use and stable.

I used a workflow, which was free, but it wasn't better than Visio.

It is really easy.

There are some cheaper as well as free solutions.

What other advice do I have?

It is natural and professional. It is very easy. You just align and drag and drop elements. That's the only thing Visio needs.

I would rate Visio a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Visio reviews from users
...who compared it with ARIS BPM
Learn what your peers think about Visio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.