Visio Review

Stable with a good interface but not included with the Office 365 Suite

What is most valuable?

The interface of the solution is very good. It's easy to navigate.

We've found that the technical support has been pretty helpful overall.

The project management and the business process are both very good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The stability of the solution is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be included in Microsoft Office 365. For some reason, it's not. It should be bundled in with everything else. If they did, clients and customers would benefit a lot.

Just because you have technical support for other Microsoft products does not necessarily mean you will have it for Visio.

I've been using the solution for ten years at this point. It's been a decade. It's been a long time. However, currently, I only use it occasionally.

The solution is quite stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been very good over the years. That said, I haven't used it as much as I used to recently.

Not too many people use the solution in our organization.

While we do have technical support for other products, we don't have any for Visio

That said, in general, Microsoft does offer very good technical support. We just done get it for this product.

The initial setup is not complex. It's straightforward and pretty simple. However, I myself have a lot of experience with Microsoft. I've been working with Microsoft for 25 years and have handled fairly sizable products in the past.

What other advice do I have?

We use an older version of the solution. We don't use the latest one. It might be either the 2015 or 2016 version.

We're customers and end-users. We aren't consultants or resellers. We don't have a business relationship with the company. We are big clients, however. We have a volume license.

Overall, I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Visio reviews from users
...who compared it with ARIS BPA
Learn what your peers think about Visio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.