Visio Review

Not user friendly out-of-the-box but is fun to use and is very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for tasks such as work charts, network diagrams, and process flows.

How has it helped my organization?

Process flows are probably the task we do the most. It's just how she diagrams, how a piece of software or a process should work. It's improved our organization.

What is most valuable?

It's pretty basic and fun to use.

You can go to YouTube and watch training videos. There's lots of information online about the product.

The solution can scale.

The product is quite stable.

It's my understanding that the initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It's not the easiest software to use. It's not user-friendly out-of-the-box.

I've been using the solution for about 20 or so years. It's been two decades; it's a long time.

The stability is excellent. It never breaks, and I've used it for 20 years. Its performance is reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches.

The solution can scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

We have around 200 people who use it in the company.

As of right now, we do not have plans to increase usage.

Technical support is fine, as long as you can get a hold of someone. that can be tricky.

Prior to this solution, it's unlikely we had a different product. It was 20 years ago, and therefore it's been a long time.

I didn't directly deal with the initial implementation. We have a team in-house that handles deployments. I can't speak to what the process was like or how easy or hard it was. Likely, setting it up was pretty straightforward and deployment takes a day. At least, that is my understanding.

We have a dedicated team that handles deployment and maintenance.

We have our own in-house team that can manage the implementation. We did not need the assistance of an integrator or consultant.

After 20 years of using the solution, our company has definitely seen an ROI. I don't have exact details, however.

We have an enterprise license. We renew it on a yearly basis. We don't pay any extra fees and we partner with the Gartner group to help us when we have to renegotiate.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

We use both cloud and on-premises deployment models at this time.

I'd advise any company considering using the solution should first have a Microsoft team in place.

I'd rate the solution at a five out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Visio reviews from users
...who compared it with ARIS BPA
Learn what your peers think about Visio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.