Visio Review

A professional tool for business analysis process development with flowchart design

What is our primary use case?

Without this product, I would struggle to do my work. That is as a business analyst. I use it to develop all of my processes.

How has it helped my organization?

I have no issues with Visio from an end-user perspective. It is our environment. It's not utilized by too many users, about three or four end-users every week now.

What is most valuable?

I enjoy the fact that I can go into detail with Visio. In shared communications, I can inspect for any fault in my processes. That's what I enjoy the most.

What needs improvement?

Transferring data was one of the issues that I expected Visio to have resolved. I use the older version. I'm not sure if the later versions have already addressed some of the issues.

To improve Visio, make it easier to transfer into other Microsoft products. For example, if I copy a Visio diagram into Word. If I open it in the Word version, it doesn't work so well.

I have been using Visio for about six years.

Visio's stability is the best I've ever used. I compare it with other tools that are out there. There's some competing software that has a lot of features. I am very happy with the stability of this application.

I'm sure Visio is very scalable. From my personal use, I've had absolutely no issues with scalability. I'm able to go on and develop complex processes.

I haven't, fortunately, had to engage with Visio's technical support.

Some people prefer to use Flow. Some people prefer to use Draw.io. I also used Draw.io a little bit and found it tedious to use. It is not as user-friendly and I found my way back to using Visio.

The installation was straightforward.

It was a couple of in-house IT guys that came over to do the installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell somebody considering this solution to understand why you want to use the product in the first place and have a clear understanding of what your goals are. What would you like to achieve with having that product? Ensure that the goals are measurable, then implement.

I would rate Visio a seven or an eight.